Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, September 1, 2014

Aloha Weekend!

+barkcloth shift dress: vintage +bangles, necklace, earrings: vintage
+hand carved wooden purse: DeTiki

With Saturday being National Mai Tai day and Sunday was a luau party at our friend's house, it was a Tiki weekend! I can never pass up a chance when I can wear one of my beloved barkcloth dresses and this blue one is making its first appearance!


I didn't have anything with these colors, so when I spotted this beauty at our wonderful local vintage store (Miss Josie's) I snatched it up. I used my trusty sewing machine to take in the armpits by an inch to give it a better fit and shape. I generally don't wear 60s shift dresses, but I think I am now digging this silhouette on me! 


My earrings are massive and I couldn't pass them up for only $2.00. Hey, it doesn't cost that much to look this tacky. *Wink* Not pictured : my blue eyeshadow that Derek said was a perfect compliment to the blue on my dress. 


Speaking of Derek, here's my main guy proudly wearing his Lava-Lava. His what? A lava-lava is a traditional garment worn by Polynesian peoples that consists of a piece of fabric wrap and rolled at the waist. Here's a little more about a Lava-Lava.

+shirt: vintage +lava-lava : Fashion Tramp

Today is Labor Day which means most Americans are bbq-ing and celebrating 'the last day of summer', even though the Autumnal Equinox is not until September 23rd this year. *Shrugs* It's just another typical Monday off for Derek and myself, but Happy Labor Day USA!

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that shade of blue! And that silhouette totally works for you! Derek looks like a goof... and I mean that in a 100% complimentary way, like he's probably super fun to hang around. You guys always look like you're having a blast together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, he is a total goof AND we have a great time together :)

      Delete
  2. You both look incredible! happy Labor Day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two look fantastic!!! I love both your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's what labour day is! You look absolutely perfect. Especially the picture that you're kicking your foot up. :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pattern on that dress and love that it mixes normal blues with a bit of an aquamarine blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the vintage clothes! You guys always find the neatest stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^