Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Outfit of the Day : Jack-o-Lantern Fun

vintage bow belt from Julie Ann 

I was digging through my t-shirts and I forgot about this jack-o-lantern t-shirt that I picked up a few years ago from Target. I figured it was the perfect shirt to wear to work to get into the Halloween spirit. It was definitely fun to wear a little orange!


I'm always trying to find different ways to wear my plethora of t-shirts and my latest favorite styling is wearing the t-shirts tucked into a higher waist skirt. This particular skirt was chopped from a dress, which also seems to be becoming a trend in my world. I find if the dress has a nice waist seam and with the help of some scissors, elastic and sewing machine, it can be transformed into a skirt! I figured this method out through some trial and error, haha!


Now I'm going to go eat a bowl of Count Chocula and freak out from the sugar rush. Ahhh, adult life.

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla



13 comments:

  1. I love that shirt! And the cute black skirt i perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! (But of course, you always are.) I love the skirt. :D

    One of the great joys of adulthood is being able to eat all the sugary "kids" cereal you want... with no one to stop you. Bring on the Franken Berry! Muahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww shucks, you're such a sweetheart Miss Bane...but I'm not always cute, believe me ;)

      Delete
  3. Love that outfit!! I wish I could wear high-waisted skirts, but I have a short waist and a slightly wide rib cage, so they don't look good on me AT ALL. Oh well, I do nicely with the low-waisted ones instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Low-waisted things don't look great on me, so I envy the fact that you can wear drop waist dresses!!!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic outfit! I keep seeing that scrollwork bat around recently, as a necklace or other kind of jewellery, maybe it is a sign that I should get it! I have liked it for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the necklace at a cheapie store and I didn't realize there is a etsy designer who's design was probably ripped off =/

      Delete
  5. I adore that shirt so much!
    I've been looking for the perfect jack o' lantern shirt, but just haven't had any luck... though I've never been into Target during Halloween. Maybe I should have visited.
    Time to DIY, I suppose!

    You're always looking so adorable in your outfits-- love this one =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You never know where you will find some Halloween goodness ;)

      Delete
  6. very smart to wear with high waitsed skirt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^