Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Long Overdue Cover Up


Many, many moons ago (like 15 years worth), I went to Canada to get another tattoo done by an artist who had done a few tattoo's for me. This time I wanted a design of a sacred heart with "love" in the middle and two skeletal cherubs holding onto the banner. Andddddddddddd I got this. I remember describing to him what I wanted and when he was drawing it out in front of me, I didn't like it. In fact, it was no where near the style I had envisioned. I went through with him; finishing the drawing, asking me if I like it, approving the design, making the stencil and permanently tattooing it on me. I hated it then and I hate it even more now that it's been 15 years later. 

The moral of the story: I should have said something. I should have said I didn't like it and I shouldn't have had it tattooed on me. It wasn't the artist's fault, it was my fault. Lesson learned and learn from my experience. SAY SOMETHING!!!!!


I'm red because we just finished

Lucky for me, the bad decision can be covered up. Not all bad tattoo's can be covered up, so I am grateful that Derek's handy work will produce a tattoo on my back that I'm not embarrassed to show off. I won't hear, "Oh I didn't know you had a tattoo there", almost every time I wear a sundress or anything that has a low back (which didn't happen to often as I was covering it up on purpose) reminding me of the terrible piece of crap on my back.

I don't know why I waited so long to have it covered up, especially with Derek saying, "I can't wait to cover that up for you!". Hahaha! I guess the time was right. *Wink*

Thank you for reading, until next time!

17 comments:

  1. That is going to be so awesome! I can't wait to see it finished. :) If I am ever in NY, I really want Derek to do a piece for me for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar situation---like, almost exactly the same thing happened to me. Never again. The cover-up looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing concept! It's going to be amazing.
    This is going to sound really weird but for 15 years that tattoo held up huh... you skin must be amazing lol. I know a few people who have +15 year old tattoos that I can't even tell what they are anymore, since they never retouched them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying out of the sun and wearing LOTS of sunscreen :)

      Delete
  4. Wow... your hubby is talented. Coverups are not easy. It is going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all cover ups are hard, but it can be hard to choose and tattoo the right thing to 'cover' it all up!

      Delete
  5. Wow why did you wait so long to have it covered up?? Well, at least it was out of sight! Derek is super talented...that looks awesome! Happy healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waited so long? Hrmmm, probably due to not seeing it. I wanted other parts of my body tattooed so I could enjoy them, but it could be that healing the back is itchy and hard to reach on my own. LOL!!!

      Delete
  6. That is so nice cover tattoo! I can't wait to see it finished! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely share the process!

      Delete
  7. Ooooh! The new tattoo looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That is going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Derek is really talented! :) It already looks amazing! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like it is going to be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^