Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Craft Along with GIY: Food and Beverage


I'm excited to participate in G.I.Y's August theme, Food and Beverage.


I decided to share my favorite Tiki beverage, the 1944 Trader Vic's Mai Tai recipe. You can read what Beachbum Berry writes about the Mai Tai, quite an interesting read. We love crafting different cocktails and experimenting with different recipes, yet the Mai Tai will always be my favorite!

Ingredients:
Rhum Clément VSOP Martinique rum
Appleton Estate Extra dark Jamaican rum
Orange Curacao
Orgeat (Almond syrup)
Sugar syrup (aka simple syrup)


Copied from the Beachbum Berry's website:

In your shaker pour 1 ounce each fresh lime juice, Rhum Clément VSOP Martinique rum, and Appleton Estate Extra dark Jamaican rum; 1/2 ounce orange Curacao; 1/2 ounce Latitude 29 Formula Orgeat (I just use Monin Almond Syrup or make our own); and 1/4 ounce sugar syrup. Add at least 2 cups of crushed ice, then shake well for around 10 seconds. Pour unstrained into a double old-fashioned glass. Sink your spent lime shell in the drink, and garnish with a mint sprig.


Derek approved!


Aloha and Mahalo to Bane from G.I.Y for inspiring this post!

Thank you for reading, until next time!

15 comments:

  1. Oooh that looks like a cool drink! Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shirt is the best Hawaiian shirt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the answer is probably yes, can this be made as a virgin? Hehe
    But more so I wonder if it tastes just as good as a virgin drink. Some drinks just don't translate at all...
    Might be worth experimenting, heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the drink could not be made a virgin (lots of rum), BUT there are lots of tasty tropical drinks that are non-alcoholic. :)

      Delete
  4. Mmmmai Tai! :D Makes me wish I were sitting in the shade of a palm tree, sipping a drink and watching the ocean waves.

    I love your shirt and matching flamingo earrings. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Side note, Meagan you look absolutely stunning in that color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys have the coolest tiki room ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^