Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Shapeless Black Things and a Bone Necklace

New to us couch was purchased from a thrift store last month 
side note: professional cleaning was more than the couch. Hahaha!

As Mutant Stomp Friends coined the fashion term 'shapeless black things', which is the perfect way to describe the dress I purchased from eBay. The brand is ZANZEA and it comes directly from China, something I was a little weary about when ordering in terms of sizing, quality, shipping, etc. I have been searching for flowy, oversized garments that were not made of purely stretch material and when I came across ZANZEA, I decided to take a chance.


I am very pleased with my purchase. I had searched in local boutiques as well as etsy and couldn't find what I was looking for, especially when material came into play. I don't know why flowy=stretch material, that I find unflattering in the Summer. I don't want my dress or tunic or top to cling to me when I'm hot or have to worry about my under garment lines showing, because of the clingy materials. Basically I want to be comfortable when complaining about the humidity. Hahaha!


Another eBay purchase was the Phosphorus Bone necklace by Restyle. This is my second Restyle item purchase and this time I am impressed and happy, as my first purchase was a dress that left me with terrible taste in my mouth (mentioned in this blog). The necklace is really nice, made of  pewter metal and the shape of the bones are well formed and securely put together. As a result of this purchase, I have my eye on a few other Restyle jewelry pieces .

Wearing; dress (ZANSEA, eBay), necklace (Restyle, eBay), bone hoops (Martha Rotten, etsy)

Have you made any recent purchases that have impressed you?

Thank you for reading, until next time!

6 comments:

  1. That dress looks so stylish AND comfortable! I hear ya on the flowy=stretchy issue. I'm a jersey knit kinda girl but when it's humid, it s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s. I wore a black jersey knit sundress to a summer festival one year and it went from mid-calf in the morning to below my feet by the end of the night. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklace! Shapeless things don't suit me but you look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks for the mention! The dress looks very chic! And I hear you on those stretchy fabrics for the summer...I made that exact mistake this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice find! Summer clothes seem to be made of all the wrong fabrics. When it's hot out, the last thing I want is clingy anything!

    I'm glad you had better luck with Restyle this time! I recently purchased some shirts from Redbubble and was very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me nervous about restyle... clothing sizes being wrong. Eeek. I was eyeballing some leggings, too. Good to know their jewelry receives the thumbs up though.

    I couldn't tell you why I personally never sew flowy things for summer lol. It's an odd habit, for sure... but I don't do many stretch fabrics either. I guess I've always been open to the idea, but I haven't been fully convinced what to sew. Crinkle cotton has been on my list of materials to sew with one day... hmm.

    I think you look adorable in that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^