Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

New Orleans Trip Part 1

Sunday 5/7/16 tipsy outside of Reverend Zombie's House of Voodoo

Hello friends! Derek and I are back from our trip to New Orleans and we had a great time! I have to admit this vacation wiped me out. Lots of walking, eating and drinking....and sun. There will be a lot of photos in this blog, so I hope you enjoy!


This would be our band photo. 

Sunday we got up at 3:30am to get to the airport for our 6am flight, (Ugh!) which got us into New Orleans at 11am. We headed to our AirBnB to drop off our luggage and headed to Cane and Table for brunch, which included an all-you-can drink menu. So you see, Sunday was a very 'boozy' Sunday.


After going back to the studio apartment (found through the AirBnB app) to get freshened up and changed, we headed out to roam the French Quarter. We found ourselves on Bourbon Street, which was in full blown drunk tourist mode. We kept saying, "What is going on? Why are we here?", but we managed to run into a friend we could relate too. Hahaha! Derek was so excited that that mascot was wearing a top hat.


Mr. Skeleton man requested I take a photo too, so I had to give him a hug.


We ended the night at Latitude 29 which is owned by Beachbum Berry and his wife. We had a great time, chatted with some lovely people and had some great cocktails.


Obligatory photo of Derek enjoying his cocktail.


The next day (Monday 5/8/16) we got a slow start to the day, because well....we drank a lot the day before. We started off the day going to the French (open air) Market and had a delicious brunch and headed out to explore the shops. Our main goal was going to the John Fluevog store as we had a credit from a shoe return (pair for Derek that didn't work out) and we wanted to look at the shoes in person. Derek tried on a crazy pair of loafers (which he didn't purchase) and he let me use his credit. This resulted in me getting my first pair of Fluevogs!


I fell in love with the Alison style the first time I saw them. The skull buckles paired with the strappy and pointy style makes me very happy. They are SO comfortable and I'm looking forward to no sock weather so I can rock these beauties with dresses, skirts, etc. 

Hand. Staple. Forehead

After popping into the shops, we went to the Museum of Death.  It was a really neat smaller museum that had lots of Victorian Memento Mori items, bones, taxidermy as well as lots of serial killer information and artifacts. The murder scene photography, car accident footage and other various gruesome imagery didn't peak my interest, but I'm glad we went as I always learn something new!


Derek loves Baron Samedi


We worked up a thirst and wanted to sit in a shaded courtyard, so we wandered into Pat O'Briens. They are famous for their hurricane cocktails and frankly they just tasted okay, yet  more refreshing after the ice melted. Hahaha!


After more walking around (I had to ice my hips and ankles every night), we went back to Cane and Table for dinner. Not only was the food delicious, Derek was very happy that he got the pineapple drink that he saw on the menu. Mind you it's a two person drink, but vacation to us means "let's indulge!". That is one happy person with his happy pineapple.


I was marveling as to how awesome the Tiki fountain was in the restaurant's courtyard and next thing I know we're posing next to it. Our waitress was awesome to offer to take our picture, but we are both clearly uncomfortable. ACKWARD PHOTO TIME....GO!

Phew! I'm exhausted all over again just looking at these photos. Fun exhausted, of course.
*Wink*

Part two soon to come. Thank you for reading!

7 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun time at New Orleans. I hope you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That museum sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were at Spirits! Feeling so jelly right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have enjoyed a lot! That pineapple drink is so common in our locality too. :)

    XoXo,
    Cathy in rebel fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, fun, fun! :D I look forward to seeing part two.
    The Fluevogs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying - pun intended- to go there! Those fluevogs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^