Sponsor + Ad Info

Thursday, May 25, 2017

DIY Project: Green Velvet Settee

LOL @ the sock and slipper combo.

I picked up this lovely vintage green velvet settee from an estate sale. I had visited the sale on Friday and wasn't crazy about the price, so I returned on Saturday for half price day and got a great deal. The lovely lady at the estate sale gave me a great price tag of $35, so I couldn't resist!


The settee is in excellent shape, BUT it smelled musty. The first thing I did was spray the fabric down with cheap vodka. Yep, vodka! The cheaper the better as it helps with musty smells or "vintage smells" on fabric like; velvet, cotton, faux fur, etc. Tip-I suggest testing a small spot, before you spray the entire surface.

I used the at home Dryel kit to dry clean the cushion cover. Worked like a charm!
*not sponsored, I just like it!

Next, I removed the cushion cover to dry clean and discovered the cushion was the real source of the musty funk. I already was planning on replacing the cushion myself, so I hopped onto Amazon and ordered some high density foam that I will be cut to fit the cushion cover. I've never done anything like this, but luckily there are some great Youtube videos to help guide me. It also helps that Derek is here to lend me a hand. *Wink* I'll keep you posted on how the settee project goes.

Thank you for reading, until next time!

6 comments:

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^