Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Some Weekly Work Outfits


Hello friends! Just some outfits I've worn to work this week. Trying to dress for weather that has been Spring-like, but still has a chilly breeze that has been chilling me to the bone!

I purchased the handmade felt Star Trek Next Generation Combadge pin from a local artisan Lumpy Buttons. Check out her etsy shop here. The pin reminds me of watching the show with my Father, so it makes me smile. (Psssst-I love Jean-Luc Picard and The Borg)


Wearing; sweater and lace t-shirt (H&M), red atomic space skirt (Steady Clothing), lace tights (Leg Avenue), comfy Mary Janes (T.J. Maxx) combadge (Lumpy Buttons)


Yeah, I wear a lot of black and white. I've gotten over it. I like what I like and I won't be stopping any time soon. Hahaha!!!

I finally got a chance to incorporate this layered chain necklace into an outfit. I purchased the necklace from Romwe.com several months ago. I usually don't order from websites like Romwe, but I really wanted this sweatshirt and took the risk in ordering. I didn't have any issues, didn't take a long time to get to me, yet I don't think ordering from Asian fashion websites is for me.


Wearing; shirtdress (eShakti), vest with patches sewn on my me (Sourpuss Clothing), belt (thrift), necklace (Romwe.com), pewter bone hoop earrings (Martha Rotten), boots (Dr. Martens via ebay)

I also wanted to take a quick moment and say thank you for all your support, comments and conversations we have on this blog. I really don't feel very supported at times (though Derek is my rock!), especially with all that I have done on previous or on-going projects. Sorta been feeling a little defeated lately, so even though this is just a 'silly little blog', it is important to me and so are all of you. 

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

20 comments:

  1. Well, I'm lost for words. Ummm.....You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! Thank you dear, I appreciate the encouragement <3

      Delete
  2. And you're hugely important to us as well, sweet Meagan. Thank you for the fun, inspiration, beauty, style, honestly, creativity and so much more that you bring to your blog and impart to all of us.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Jessica. Sometimes we all feel low and a little defeated with life and our goals. I always appreciate your wonderful view on life and fashion as well as your lovely insights and encouragement <3

      Delete
  3. The dressing code at your workplace is rather cool. It's great! You don't look "over the top" goth but a bit more than simply corp goth. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Since I work at a retro clothing store (40s, 50s, 60s), I tend to pick outfits that reflect that style. Since I love retro and goth, I try to blend the two :)

      Delete
  4. Your outfits always inspire me, MK! You rock so many different silhouettes and styles. I always look forward to your blog updates when I'm in a style slump. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a flattering compliment, thank you dear! I just like to play with clothing and silhouettes, so I'm glad I could be an inspiration :)

      Delete
  5. Your blog is always a joy! I am glad to be a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That vest is adorable~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always enjoyed your blog and your ability to style pieces in many different ways and outfits! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I really appreciate that coming from you =D

      Delete
  8. Love seeing your outfit posts and I love that Lumpy Button Star Trek brooch! I just wore one of my Lumpy Button brooches this past weekend too! :D Good luck with all your projects! I hope everything is going well! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Lumpy Buttons is awesome!!! Thank you dear <3

      Delete
  9. You always have a great way of putting different items together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I sometimes find mixing and matching a pain, but it challenges me to wear all my clothing and get a good variety of outfits.

      Delete
  10. I love the vest and styling up vests by myself. I don't have a striped one yet, but this one is really cool :)

    http://antimuse-fashionriot.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Having a striped vest in the closet is so much fun :)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^