Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Feelin' Fantastic!


These past few days have been a whirlwind of pretty awesome things. Sunday was filled with dance lessons and tacos with friends. Monday was finalizing our plans to get the sewer work done in late June and we got the flooring (we will be installing ourselves) for the living room and dining room areas, and I got my hair done.

But, the biggest accomplishment happened today. After 14 years, I conquered my fear of the dentist and it went wonderfully. Not only was I so relieved to have been treated so great, I do not any issues! The tooth pain that I thought was going to be a cavity that would lead to a root canal, turns out to be a grinding/clenching issue. Believe me, I know those are issues within themselves and this will need to be addressed with a mouth guard and trying to help alleviate my night anxieties, but NO CAVITIES. No drilling, no infection, not even a lot of scrapping/cleaning was needed. PHEW! I skipped out of the dentist's office and giggled at myself for getting so worked up. *Special shout out to Julie Ann, Andrew and Derek who helped me be brave!


But that's anxiety, and I've been working on alleviating it for many, many years. 


And in other amazing things that happened over these past few days, is getting a package from Jubly Umph! I ordered the Flamingos Print A4 and the I, Myself Am, Strange and Unusual Print and then they sent me all the other goodies! (I am wearing the Creepy Girl Bat Gang Pin in the photos above). Her art makes me smile from ear to ear!!!! 

I have a little extra pep in my step today. The sun is shining and I'm feeling pretty darn fantastic!

Have you ever over come something you feared?

Thank you for reading, until next time!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

15 comments:

  1. Brave woman. The dentist freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the scraping that drives me insane, but they were gentle with my scaredy butt.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous items! I don't think I currently grind my teeth thank goodness but in the past I have chipped a couple grinding in my sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez! Grinding can be terribly destructive. I've been wearing a mouth guard and sleeping better!

      Delete
  3. I love the dentist! My teeth always feel so clean and perfect afterward. And, I even had a broken tooth in the last few months. Glad it's all behind you!

    I have anxiety too but I suck my gums and have scars in my mouth. Guess I'll never be a inside-my-mouth model ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling so good! I have to agree, the dentist sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I feel bad for dentist since they have a very high suicide rate, since so many people fear them. I know they are good people, it's just nerve racking as to what they DO.

      Delete
  5. That's so fantastic! Thank you for sharing some of your bliss and triumphs with us.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Wonderful to hear you are feeling good! What kind of flooring did you get?

    I don't mind the dentist for cleanings, but I am absolutely TERRIFIED of the drill. I had had 10+ years since my last cavity to really build up the terror in my mind, so when I finally had to face the drill, I nearly had a panic attack in the dentist's chair. Then they gave me laughing gas... and everything was fine. :)

    So I can't really say I've overcome something I feared because facing that fear under the influence of laughing gas is cheating. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, it's not cheating at all!!!!

      We got a vinyl product (not the presses planks that give people cancer) called TrafficMaster Allure, which is sold by Home Depot. Friend's of ours used it in their house and it looks AMAZING!

      Delete
    2. Awesome. I put TrafficMaster Allure throughout my house, and I have been very happy with it.

      Delete
    3. That is awesome to know! So far it's been a pain in the ass to install, but we're almost done!!! Glad we did it, but my whole body is killing me ;)

      Delete
  7. My dentist said it would be a miracle if I had another cavity...because literally every tooth has been filled in. Cavities are seriously no big deal! You're lucky you ended up fine. My husband was afraid of the dentist for the same reason, and he ended up with periodontal disease and now faces months of painful, expensive gum surgery. Seriously... go to the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I hope your husband is doing okay! Teeth healthcare is no laughing matter. I have always known this, so that's why I am going to continue to see a dentist and get my wisdom teeth removed....soon.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like an excellent few days! Glad to hear things are looking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^