Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

2015 does 90s does 60s

dress styled here.

This little cranberry colored dress from Hot Topic is a flashback to 90s fashion, yet it's also a flashback to 60s styles. The 90s were heavily influenced by 60s fashions and it's no wonder why my Mom would say to me, "I can't get excited about any of these clothes (while shopping at the mall) I wore all of this when I was a teenager!" I was excited about it then and I'm still excited about it now! The 90s trend has inspired me to revisit the 60s styles that I love and purchase this lovely dress.



Vintage babydoll (image source) dress I would love to own! 


The fashion experts tell us that we shouldn't wear fashions that we've already worn before. I say 'pfffffffft' to that "rule". Hehehe!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

15 comments:

  1. Pfft indeed. I remember when I was all about panne velvet, heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Fashion)rules are to be broken.
    Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My momma had a lot of the same styles in her wardrobe when I went digging for stuff to revamp when I was a teenager. It was magical and only solidified the fact I wanted to wear gothic fashion, because these were the things that 90's goths wore in my area. Probably wasn't goth to her when she wore them, but it was certainly adopted lol. I, like you, say balls to the rules =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! When I see 60s makeup, I think "goths may have been inspired". There was a dark, romantic side to the 60s which I believe 90s goth took inspire from....(of course that's that was available to us as well)

      Delete
  4. This dress is lovely. I would say it is also very Medieval goth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As someone who is a major fan of "Decade 1 does decade 2" sorts of pieces (I live in my 80s does 40s and 50s ones, for example), the title of this lovely post made me beam ear-to-ear. :)

    What a fabulous dress! That rich jewel tone shade of tomato red is stunning and looks absolutely terrific on you.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* I second your "Pfffffft" entirely. Wear whatever brings you joy and don't give a toss what anyone else thinks or says about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe! Glad I could make you smile! I am also a big fan of one decade does another. I especially love the quirk 80s versions of the 50s and 20s fashions ;) I have tacky tastes and I don't care!!!!!!

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful dress! You can't go wrong with velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of that fashion rule before... I guess it just goes to show that fashion rules can be quite ridiculous! Love this dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ridiculous! Rules are meant to be broken!!!!!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^