Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, June 15, 2015

Just Life in General

One corner of the living room

The next few weeks and into the whole month of July are going to be very busy for Derek and I. We are going on vacation, have my parents coming to stay with us for two weeks and other various social gatherings and celebrations. We have been focusing on house projects including giving homes to parts of our collection. 


Edward Gorey prints now hang in the guest room. I found a pair of lady lamps at a junk store for a steal. The only bummer is that one is without a shade, but luckily I scored a clip-on lamp shade off eBay for a nice deal and I'm going to DIY it myself. We have plans for the lamps *rubs hands together*. PS-The walls were already painted purple when we bought the house, I added a silver wall to brighten up the room. We hung damask curtains on either side of the bed because....well why not!


My replica shrunken head finally has a home in a dome! Hehe! The candle stick is acting as the display base and soon the bottom of the dome will be painted black, so happy to finally display Derek's Yule gift to me. He bought this for me a few years ago and had the artist make the shrunken have a "death hawk". I love that silly guy of mine!


All this house work builds up a thirst! Sunday we hung out in the 'Hut' and enjoyed a few cocktails with dinner. It's nice have our own little slice of tropical paradise. 

How was your weekend?
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


10 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fabulous your home looks after just a few months. You've both done a cracking job on making it stylish and inviting! Love the shrunken head. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I say that I must have been a frustrated interior designer on another plane of existence. ;)

      Delete
  2. I really wish I had your knack for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am just a crazy person when it comes to home decor ;)

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Love the purple wall a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty much just going to reiterate what everyone else is saying, but you really do know how to decorate; your house looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those deer antlers and the quail! I love the random hunting lodge corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you do with the lamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skeleton print, love Edward Gorey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^