Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, September 29, 2017

Weekend Getaway: Davide's Tropical Paradise


Okay, so sorry for the delay about our getaway weekend in Cleveland earlier this month. My parents had been staying with us (up from Florida, their house is OK, etc.) and it's been hectic and my mind has been in a fog. BUT, now that things are back to "normal" I can share some of our silliness.

So, I had seen some Instagram photos that my friend Shannon had posted about this amazingly kitschy AirBnB, which turned out to be Davide's Tropical Paradise. Once I told Derek about this little slice of paradise in Cleveland, Ohio, we knew we had to book a weekend! Turns out Adam Ant was performing so, a concert + Tikitastic fun=OH YES!!!!!

I hate feet, lol!

We loaded up our suitcases with our tropical garb as we wanted to take full advantage of the bar and the decor in the kitchen/eating area. I *may* have had a little hangover the next day due to me imbibing more than normal. Oh well, worth it! 

Derek the bartender

The rest of the apartment is decorated with different themes, which you can see on their website. My descriptions (I should have taken more photos) of the decor will not do it justice. This will be the only place we will stay when we visit Cleveland, we felt soooo at home. Hahahaha!

I love going to Cleveland area, we get to visit some of our favorite vintage shops, eat some tasty food and visit Tiki bars. In fact, there is a new Tiki bar in the Akron, Ohio area called Tiki Underground, which we visited first thing before heading to the AirBnB on that Friday.

The outside and area are interesting, very odd spot for a Tiki bar. It didn't even look open when we arrived.

Bar area has a lot of cool mugs and decor. The owner was super nice and inviting. I have to admit the cocktail menu hanging on a little flip stand was different and bit odd.

Tons of Witco! I love these chairs!

Witco Vulture(?) on a Witco table.

Tiki Underground has not even been open a year and I wish the owners all the luck in the world! I think they have some things they still need to figure out, but I hope they grow in popularity and I hope travelers (like us) visit this interesting place.

Thank you for reading, until next time!

6 comments:

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^