Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Peter Pan Collar Shirt


I'm a sucker for a Peter Pan collar, perhaps it's because of Wednesday Addams and my love of 1960s fashions. I'd been actively looking for a Peter Pan collar top for quite some time and while looking through my etsy 'favorites' I re-introduced myself to the Vintage Galeria (aka Hemet).


While looking through the lovely shop (I knew their quality was excellent as I worked with some of their pieces while styling a shoot for Auxiliary Magazine) I found this wonderful top!!! I ordered it straight away and the fit, material and cut is AMAZING! In my excitement I ordered the wrong size, but with a quick email my error was corrected by their awesome customer service (Thank you Janet!)


The Lydia Deetz brooch on my lapel by the amazing Jubly-Umph!


I can't forget to mention the Hell Bunny Creepy 50s Graves dress that I turned into a skirt. Why? Quite frankly I'm not a fan of halter dresses and I wanted a creepy cute skirt, so with a few modifications the dress was reincarnated into a skirt! Muahahahaa!!! Snip. Snip. Snip.

Weirdy fashion poses? Naw, just being a goof with a camera remote. *Wink*

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla



25 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute. <3

    cafelastrange.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea turning the dress in to a skirt! Looks fantastic! :) As do you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great alternative AND it's a great way to DIY a piece into something you love. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I love it as a skirt. I would probably just be lazy and put a top over the top of the dress :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! That's not lazy, I do it all the time! ;)

      Delete
  4. A skirt? Why the hell didn't I think of that? I have a halter dress that I hate and never wear ... but the fabric is just gorgeous. Oh Meagan! You just gave me a way to save the fabric and ditch the dress! WAHOO!

    AND, you look gorgeous ... and delightfully wacky. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! So glad that you can make the dress into something you will love and enjoy! =D Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Love this as a skirt! I should do the same when I order from Hellbunny, their tops don't always fit the way I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes Hell Bunny makes neat skirts, but I have to admit I wish they would make more options! As much as a love dresses, I have to agree the top portions aren't to my ideal liking. Good luck! =D

      Delete
  6. Good idea what you did with the dress. I may do that with a certain dress I have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It's an easy project if the seam is defined!

      Delete
  7. I love this! I really want that Lydia Deetz pin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jubly-Umph's jewelry and accessories are fantastic, I highly recommend!

      Delete
  8. Love everything about this outfit! :D The print on the dress-now-skirt is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! That is why I kept looking at the dress while at work, I needed to make it my own. Muahahaha! ;)

      Delete
  9. I love the blouse! I am very into Peter Pan collars at the moment but I have to make stuff myself as I am trying to save!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Peter Pan collars are a weakness of mine as well ;)

      Delete
  10. How are you this cute!!!?? <333 I love you in this outfit and you made that skirt a dream and your poses are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'awwwww, shucks. You're making me blush, thank you so very much!

      Delete
  11. Very cute! I love black and white outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I do too!!!! I am always afraid of staining the white parts of my outfits, I LOVE to wear what I'm eating. =P LOL!

      Delete
  12. Sucha cute outfit! I love the print on that Hell Bunny dress turned skirt! And your peter pan collar top goes perfect with it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^