Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, July 31, 2015

Inspiration : Front 242


I love Front 242. They are the band that got me into industrial/ebm, they were the glorious gateway drug. In fact, I was into industrial music before I even dove into the goth side of the musical spectrum. I used to stay up on Sunday nights tuning into a Canadian radio station, 102.1 CFNY listening to whatever Martian Streek (R.I.P) would broadcast. I was already into electronic music (techno/house/breaks) and knew bands like Depeche Mode, The Cure and INXS, but hearing Front 242 was like a religious experience!

\


\

Unfortunately I missed Front 242 when they came to Buffalo in the early 00's and it was terribly upsetting! I hope someday to hear them live, so I can have a moment and cry all my makeup off. Hahahaa!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

7 comments:

  1. ooooh yeah. there is a special place in my heart for old school industrial that will never go away

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love the clip for Headhunter. Pity they edited it. If you want the same glasses as they wear Julbo remade them a few years ago. I think they were called Vermonts. INXS I told the singer his band could play support for my band one day. They got famous, I got old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your pain, I missed Sisters of Mercy a few years ago. although apparently they only did 2 concerts in Australia or something like that.

    Love the sunnies on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Headhunter" is one of my all-time dance floor favorites. I love that whole sub genre and Wax Trax was one of my go-to labels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw them live a couple years ago at a music festival in Germany. I considered it to be quite a privilege as as they were not a band I thought I would ever get to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^