Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Wanna Be a Part Of It, New York! New York!

Photobucket

Oh, how I love adventures! Derek and I took an extended weekend trip to New Jersey to visit his family and spent a day in New York City going shopping, visiting friends and sipping on Tiki drinks. The weather was fantastic (other than the 93% humidity which makes for sad hair), observing people in their street fashions was quite refreshing and inspirational for me and going to Trash and Vaudeville

While walking around St. Mark's street I saw a few punks and other general weirdo type's which also made me slightly giddy, don't get me wrong I am not a country bumpkin, yet it's an amazing feeling to be in a big city and not sticking out like a sore thumb. At Trash and Vaudeville we chatted with Jimmy (I LOVE Jimmy and he complimented me on my hair and outfit, which of course put a big smile on my face), I tried on the jacket of my dreams by Straight to Hell, I cried over all the lovely winklepickers I can't afford, as well as the creepers. I think you can tell that Trash and Vaudeville is an amazing store and one of my ultimate favorite places to shop! Derek and I walked out with a few little goodies along with my new bondage belt which I am excited to own as I'm always on the hunt for new belts to add to my collection. 

Photobucket
The Defender a.k.a dream jacket
I am not crazy, I love the white and black contrast! 

To me, traveling isn't about just shopping and being a tourist, it's about the experience. We didn't spend a ton of money on physical items purchased, yet the lovely dinner, Tiki drinks, cab and subway trips, made the day trip delightful and memorable. I used to think that I would have to spend a ton of money while visiting NYC, yet we've done it on the cheap many times. 

A few tips when traveling to a major city:
-Ask the locals where they like to eat, this will help you to avoid high-priced tourist traps and it's usually awesomely cheap eats. Remember that those street food vendors are cheaper than fast food and probably cleaner!
-Take public transit or walk. Spending a few dollars on a map of the area has saved our butts many times, though getting lost may be fun, wandering into "bad" parts of an area are not!
-Check out the local free papers that list off events while you're in town. There may be free things to do or you may even catch a band or art show!
-WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES. I have learned my lesson the hard way which resulted in agonizing foot pain. Comfortable shoes=you will have a more enjoyable experience.

Okay, enough talking, more pictures!

Photobucket
Donald, Derek and myself.
A little blurry!!


Photobucket
What do you want to do? I don't know, what do 
you want to do?


Photobucket
Yay! Miss Melissa!
Unfortunately the Lone Star Boat Club was not
excepting new members. Hehee!

Do you travel alot? What are your tips and tricks?

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

1 comment:

  1. Jersey and NYC -- that is where I head when I get a free weekend. Sounds like you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^