Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wednesday Link Round-Up & February Theme : Rings


Photo : My husbands art work which covers the bar at
our friend's Mexican restaurant, Cantina Loco
+Gay marriage being compared to paganism?! Someone please shut this man up!
+"What do you tattoos mean?" I think I'm going to join her by getting some pepper spray too. Please don't touch me, it's not a petting zoo. *Wink*
+I love this tumblr and if you love Victorian imagery take a peek.
+A wonderful collection of dark 80s music all in one place.


This month I decided the participate in Sophistique Noir's monthly theme and February's theme is rings. The only rings I wear everyday are the ones near and dear to me and those are my engagement and wedding rings. 
My husband proposed with a onyx and diamond vintage ring (30s-40s era) on Memorial Day weekend in 2008, which was a total and utter surprise. We have known each other for quite a few years and had only been technically dating for a few months when he 'popped' the question. I said "yes" to marry one of best friends and the rest (as they say) is history. We had the jeweler make my wedding band to match the shape of the engagement ring and he even mimicked the markings on the wedding band to match the vintage ring. I prefer onyx over diamonds and never in a million years did I ever think I'd see an onyx ring this beautiful be given to me, my husband has good taste. The main reason why I love these rings is for what they stand for, they were given to me by one of the kindest, most patient and loving man, who treats me like a queen. Thank you Derek, I love you.

Okay, now you're all puking, I don't blame you! I rarely get mushy, so I've filled my quota for the year. As a side note I'm wearing Rogue Fatal by Chanel which was given to me as a birthday gift from Miss Elizabeth from Bethezda's Preoccupation's.

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

14 comments:

  1. thats your wedding ring?! if i ever find a guy that i would marry... can i send him to your hubby for some style studies? lol

    (and i didnt puke :-D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, sure! The husband has a knack for finding amazing vintage pieces. Thanks for not puking too ;)

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful ring to represent such a lovely thing. I would prefer onyx to diamonds any day as well, that's certainly more unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like diamonds as an accent rather than the 'main show'. My husband researched and read that onyx is a non-traditional engagement stone. Frankly, anything can be an engagement ring, promise ring, etc. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. aaawwww puke! NO REALLY, that is a really sweet story. Dr. D is a good man and yes, he has impeccable taste. Beautiful ring, I haven't seen it up close like this. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PUKE PUKE PUKE! LOL. Thanks Miss Elizabeth, our love is weird....just like the two of us ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow! He really does have excellent taste. That's one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen. And your nail color is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :) I have to admit I catch myself staring at how sparkly the ring is, hahaha!

      Delete
  5. How did I miss this ring post? Boy, that is one gorgeous engagement ring! VERY nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful ring!


    And hey, what's wrong with Paganism? Haha, I'm a pagan and yeah, we do have some pretty lax standards regarding marriage. Most Pagans are pretty pro-gay marriage. So I guess "Newt" hit the mark on that one....lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing wrong with Paganism as I consider myself one, I just think his statements of:
      "The effort to create alternatives to marriage between a man and a woman are perfectly natural pagan behaviors, but they are a fundamental violation of our civilization." It's like WHAT?!

      Delete
  7. LOVE this post! love your rings, love how in love you are with your hubby - I love love .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^