Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Little Raspberry Bow


I love this dress by Hell Bunny that I wore to work last week. I have such a weakness for collars (especially Peter Pan style) and little neck bows! Though most people now-a-days would nickname this style of dress a "Wednesday Addams dress", yet the collar style was very common in the; Victorian Era, 1940s and 1960s. It's interesting how pop culture makes some iconic and recognizable. *Wink*

dress also featured here

I love fashion and am sort of a historical buff when it comes to researching garments and fashion styles. I find that fashion reflects what was happening at the time socially and economically, perhaps that's why retro and Victorian inspired fashions have become so popular. As our society becomes more casual and relaxed, people are looking back to times when dressing was an art form rather than just for comfort. 

On that note: I just watched a documentary about Iris Apfel and I recommend it to all of you. 


            

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Comfy too! I love the fabrics that Hell Bunny uses for their 1940s-inspired dresses!

      Delete
  2. God, I love her glasses. I wonder if I can pull them off. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress - you look like an angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww shucks, thank you dear....but I'm the devil in disguise ;)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh I am so jealous! That is one of my dream dresses! Hoping it will still be around when I have money again! You look so good in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be jealous! It's just a dress and you look amazing in all your handmade creations :)

      Delete
  5. Your look is so beautiful! O_O I'm almost drooling here for that dress. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Glad I could help you see it's awesomeness :) You are welcome, I hope you enjoy watching about her life, an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Squeal* We both have the same fabulous Hell Bunny dress and blogged about it in the very same week. What are the odds? It looks sensational on you, dear gal!

    Have a fantastic Friday,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome!!!! Thank you and I love the way you style the dress on you :)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^