Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, December 17, 2016

New Romantic



Julie Ann had hipped me to a documentary about the 80s band Spandeau Ballet that is on Netflix instant watch called, Soul Boys of the Western World. Naturally I had to check it out as I love 80s music and I am a lover of documentary's. This one did not disappoint! I have been reading a book about post punk music and the New Romantic's are included in some of the band's history's, so it was neat to learn more about Spandeau Ballet as I did not realize how hugely popular they were and are still today!



I was inspired by the band's early clothing and wanted to wear something ruffley (but warm) and choose my beret, as hats and accessories were very big for the New Romantics. Oh the fashion! How I love the fashion!

Wearing; white/black ruffle shirt (old, Lip Service), oversize cardigan (thrift), velvet beret (estate sale, vintage) earrings (80s, thrift), pins (Last Craft), jeggings (Target), pointed boots (Nasty Gal)



Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Thank you for reading, until next time


7 comments:

  1. I've always loved new romantic fashion, it's so quirky <3 And it's very goth-able, haha! I love your beret, I'm looking for a velvet one as well. And Siouxsie and Robert Smith pins, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! Your are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very sweet and I am smiling from ear to ear! <3

      Delete
  3. A stunner! Right out of a John Hughes movie (in a very good way, I hope you knew that). :) And I have to check out that SB doc!! I am a doc junkie and I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the New Romantics styles! Must look out for that doco!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous style! Love the accessories you paired with this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^