Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Halloween!



As you know we're a little 'batty' for Halloween! Hahaha! These were our costumes yesterday as we were ready to hand out candy to the trick or treats (we had to leave the bowl out, since no kids showed up) and then went to a party.


On Saturday we went to a Samhaim party and we were so wrapped up in our other costumes, we forgot to plan one for the party! I just sorta 'went with it' and did a goth look that turned out to be very Monica Richards-esque.

I am wearing a lace top that was from a clothing swap, Restyle dress that I bought last year which had to be chopped down into a skirt (their size chart was VERY wrong and I was VERY upset about it), sleeves are by Rose Mortem (Derek won them for me at an auction/benefit event), head piece is a necklace, rose crown by Bling Beauty Boutique, wig is something I've had for a few years.


Yeah, I was dressed as a goth, but felt very ethereal and it was nice to dress and have the outfit evolve....and use items I've never worn. Unfortunately I didn't get a better photo of the really nice lace neck ruffle I was wearing. Oh well.


Derek the Undertaker was my date <3


And then for something completely different! Presenting Pizza Princess and her husband King Candy Corn. These are the costumes we wore for a swing dance a few Sunday's ago. We dressed as some of our favorite foods and just created characters from some clothing we had, which served as our base to our imagination.

Derek painted his jacket (thrift store), sculpted the details on his crown, my crown, my necklace and earrings, along with my pizza scepter and his cane. I added felt pizza's (hat I made) to the thrifted dress, along with dingle balls and ribbon. I'm really, REALLY good at making little pizzas. Haha!


Sadly it's Novemver 1st and we're going to try and find some after Halloween deals, but I know it's going to all be Christmas and.......yeah, I'm not ready for that. TOO EARLY!!!

How was your Halloween? Did you get a chance to dress up?

Thank you for reading, until next time!!!




28 comments:

  1. Love you as a goth - amazing dress. I am drooling over those sleeves. I always get the Nov. 1 blues - so anticlimactic. I want Halloween to go on forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I had to remember not to drag my sleeves through everything! And yes, Halloween needs to be forever ;)

      Delete
  2. The long black hair really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to invent a new board game Pizza Princess and her husband King Candy Corn. Kinda of like Candyland but not lame like Candyland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stayed home and pigged out on junk food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing in the ethereal goth style I'm innlove with you outfit and the skirts to die for. I love the funky bat costumes you look fun and silly. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. We have plenty of room at the house. Just as long as you don't mind us feeding you wine, having random dance parties and laughing....A LOT ;)

      Delete
    2. Sounds like good living to me :D

      Delete
  7. Three costumes! You are winning at Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!!! I was very tired after, but always worth it!

      Delete
  8. Fabulous outfits, you make such a great couple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SWEET! I love the fact that you guys had 3 costumes!!! F*** YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your costumes especially the bats... hehe. So great that you were able to dress up in so many different ones this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those outfits are amazing! I actually came down with the flu the day before Halloween, so no fancy outfits for me sadly :/

    https://thelunarhour.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! So sorry to hear that! I hope you got to enjoy some candy when you were feeling better <3

      Delete
  12. The Monica Richards-esque look so suits you! Wow, I'm totally in awe! I really like you with long black hair. ❤

    I did get to dress up this year and so did the spouse. It's been so long, I'd forgotten how much fun it is. I'm gonna do it again next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS!! Dressing up is so much fun! (and thank you for the lovely compliment)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^