Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Why Haven't I Purchased a Tank Dress Until Now?!


If you've been following my blog for any length of time, you may notice that I don't wear a lot of fitted clothing (other than leggings, etc.), so the idea of wearing a tank dress sorta terrified me. Then I got to thinking (and a friend of mine also mentioned she does this) of styling sweaters OVER the dress. 


I started to enjoy wearing chunky pull over sweaters that I find while thrifting, but was having a little issue styling them with the right bottoms. Now that I have the tank dress, I don't have to worry about tucking under layers into my skirts or feeling all bunched up or feeling a draft from the sweater being too short for the pants I'm wearing. Hey, I'm cold and I hate feeling back drafts. Hahahaha!


I also think I gravitated towards this one in particular was the length and the material. It's a stretch cotton blend that has great movement and isn't too clingy. Basically it's a reallllllllllllly long comfy tank top. Not only a great basic, I feel it will become a wardrobe staple.


I get excited when a wardrobe dilemma gets solved and it opens a whole new way of mixin' n' matchin'. The older I get, my wardrobe has become more curated and this way it makes dressing not only fun, but easy. I like reaching into my 'black vortex'  *cough (closet ) couch* and pulling out looks that make me feel good. Everyone should wear what they love!


Do you have any tank dresses? How do you style them?

Thank you for reading, until next time!


7 comments:

  1. That outfit is adorable. :) I *love* tank dresses! I usually wear them with a shrug but have recently been experimenting with wearing shirts under them. I love the look of big sweaters but am too hot blooded and most places keep the heat up too high in the winter. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely figure and look great in fitted clothing! But of course, wear what makes you comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer tshirt dresses over tanks so I don't have to shave my pits lol. I also don't like my sweaty pits touching my sweaters so I can get a few more wears out of them before washing. Yay for basics! Tank dresses look a lot more chic--as you demonstrate! Love your styling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that tank dress looks like a great piece for styling many different ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, that tank dress looks like a great piece for styling many different ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me want to busy a tank dress! I would want one similar to yours, with that kind of thick, stretchy but fitted style, I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^